Math Centers

Hi Friends,
I'm back with another post about MATH!

In my first few years of teaching, I really disliked teaching math. It was never my favorite subject in school and I didn't care much to teach it either. 

Now, I absolutely LOOOOVE it!


Here is a little bit of a sneak peek at how I present each unit. 
I introduce the concept on the Smartboard and we complete the activity pages in the workbook.
Then, we play some games on the Smartboard that help us practice the concepts.

Each time I teach them something new, I review what we learned the day before. 
Once we have covered all the concepts for one unit, we complete our math centers. 

This is what I use for assessment. I look at their workbooks but only assess their center work. By the time the students get to centers, we have reviewed and practiced the material extensively and thus most are proficient with the concepts. 

During the week of math centers, I send home reinforcement sheets for homework and study prep for their test. Then I administer a test and we complete a Situational Problem (based on the concepts we have just covered). We also use application problems during the two weeks of practice. I choose problems that ask students to use concepts we are currently covering to solve the problem.

All in all, the students are immersed in the concepts that we are covering!
I even throw in a few activities for morning work!

Here are my latest centers. We were learning about representing greater numbers, telling time, and data management.




These centers are part of my GROWING BUNDLE! 
This bundle already has 60 math centers and will continue to grow!
If you buy it now, you get it at a discount price! As each time I add centers, the price goes up!


CHECK IT OUT HERE!!!!!!

These centers have made my life easier AND the kiddies love them and really GET IT! 

Until next time...


No comments

Back to Top